Tuesday 16 October 2007

Report for week 41

This week I composed the letter I will be sending out and the questions that will go with it. I have also started the work in collecting the email addresses of all the students that we know applied to university. So far I've got all the addresses for students of 05/06.

Here is my letter:

Dear former Kungsholmen student

My name is Hannah Smith and I’m currently in ES3B. For my project work I’m creating a database to help current students get a more personal picture of what the universities they want to apply to are like. To do this I need your help! My plan is to collect information from you about how you have experienced your university and courses.

I would really appreciate if you would like to help me out by answering the following survey.
When you have completed it please send it to my email:

Mia Ekestrand says hi and encourages you to pass the survey on to all former Kungsholmen students you are in contact with. Mr. Powers and the staff at Kungsholmen would love to know where you are and how you’re doing.

Best regards Hannah Smith


Here is the questioner I will be enclosing:

Name of university:

University email and web page?

Size of university? Number of students?

Rate the location of your university? (1-10, 10 being the best)

What is good/bad?

Name of course:

How have you experienced your courses?

What is included in your course?

Where do you live? (on/off campus)

Rate your accommodation? (1-10, 10 being the best)

What is good/bad?

How have you experienced the price levels in the area compared to Stockholm? Example?

What kind of extra curricular activities are available?

Do you take part in any? Which? Costs involved?

Is there a students union? What do they do? Have you benefited from there existence? In what way?

Does the money from CSN cover your studies and living? If not how much do you have to add?

Do you work alongside your studies? How much are you allowed to work? What are wage levels like? Is it difficult to find work?

What are the job prospects after completing your course? Or if you have already completed your courses, what do you work with?

Is there anything you would like to add?

No comments: